|Prep Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
- 5 tablespoons chili powder *fresh chilis can be used instead
- 4 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper more for heat
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt optional salt to taste for table top seasoning
- In a large bowl add all of the spices together and blend together with a wire whisk.
Make this recipe in bulk and store in an air tight glass mason jar. Take a smaller amount and add salt to taste. Put this mixture into a smaller spice jar like an old salt shaker and add it to your seasonings for the table top. I love to sprinkle this on top of plain yogurt, popcorn, fresh cut fruit slices, and to make salted rims for mixed drinks.
*If you prefer to use fresh chilis you can sun dry them, remove the seeds, heat them in a skillet until crispy and aromatic, then grind them to a fine powder before adding them to the recipe.